Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Additional Post: December

My independent component is going really good so far. I haven't done too many performances but I have a few more planned for January in order to get my hours complete. I believe my independent component really suits my essential question, which I changed.  My new essential question is "What is the best way a singer can create a fun atmosphere during a live pop performance?" What I am currently doing is helping me accumulate some answers. When I perform I am able to see the audience's reaction. The fact that they are open mic performances means that I am performing for people that I have usually never met before therefore they don't have a previous bias of me, their reaction to my performance is genuine. So far my performances have gotten me to separate what people do and don't like in a performance. 


                                     

This is a picture of me rehearsing at my latest performance for the Aim 2 Love city event in Chino. 
Here is the link to the actual  Christmas Performance , which was the final product. 

                                     
The person I had to contact to be part of this event was Mr. Adolfo Pacheco. He's played drums since he was 6 and has experience with music and training. Mr. Pacheco offered to train me and is now my new mentor. 
Happy New Year! 
Lupe Lara 
12/31/13 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment