Monday, January 6, 2014

Blog #10: The Senior Project: The Holiday

       I performed for the City of Chino during their annual Christmas event as part of my independent component. At the event I met my new mentor which whom I'm going to start working with next week. I also went looking for books for the research check that is coming this week. 

       The performance I did for the city occurred on Christmas Eve so I had rehearsal the day before. When I woke up that day I wasn't feeling well at all so I stood in bed until my mom came into my room. Oblivious to my sickness she began ask whether I was going to go to rehearsal. When I gave her a simple "no" she gave me a lecture on how many successful people in the industry worked very hard to get where they are. I ended up going to rehearsal which went great! I got a feel for the stage and mic that I was using. I also found out which parts of the songs I needed to work on. Long story short, the most important thing I learned over break is:
A. Listen to your mother, she's right most of the time. 
B. Never let a little cold stop you from accomplishing big things.

       I would most likely interview one of the talent directors I met at the event. He happens to manage the performing company 'Rock Stars of Tomorrow'. He's had years of experience and has worked with many young adults to improve and build their performing and vocal skills. Speaking with someone who works with my topic as a career can most definitely be useful ands helpful in building answers to my EQ. 

Lupe Lara
01/06/13

No comments:

Post a Comment