Saturday, November 2, 2013

October Blog Post

Recently I came in with some complications with my prior mentor after realizing that she wasn't going to be able to give me sufficient time. So I had to go seek for another mentor!
I decided to stay local and visit the music director from my parish. That's when I was able to attain Phil Arkfeld the Audio and Visual Director at St. Paul the Apostle!
Our first meeting was for my first interview but my first working experience with him was this past week. He is teaching me about beats, notes, and the basics of sheet music to familiarize myself with.

This is an example of how we were dissecting the music to fully comprehend it. 


We also went over the hand motions that represent things to the choir, such as how many beats are in the measure. 

Once I become comfortable with sheet music I am going to start directing the church's choir group. I also joined the choir and am going in a bit before and after class to help prepare and clean-up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment