Monday, May 12, 2014

Mentorship

Literal:
Hours are posted on blog. 
Adolf Pacheco: (909)680-0003 - Clearview Church 
Laura Andrade: (323) 710-8253 - Recording Engineer Studio

Interpretive:
Well, from Mr. Pacheco I learned a lot of new things that I didn't know such as melody and rhythm of music. I also got to fit in a lot singing practicing time when mentoring with Mr. Pacheco which led to some improvement in my voice I believe. One of the most important things I received from this mentorship besides what is listed above is techniques used on a microphone and monitor I picked up throughout the process. 
Laura Andrade really got me to practice understanding my lyrics, and connecting them to my physical body so that I could produce a better sound. As a recording engineer she taught me that a singer must be able to connect to their audience during a performance. Once they become better at moving their audiences in real life they are better able to reach through audio and move their audiences through headphones. This actually became my best answer. 

Applied 
Using all the guidance and advice from both my mentors I went out and applied it all to some real life situations. During performances I would use technique that Mr. Pacheco taught me and combine it with some of the connection ideas that Laura helped me tap into. I noticed that I began to feel more comfortable with my performances, and feedback that I was receiving from audiences became really encouraging. Not only did I start enjoying myself more on stage but people began to enjoy my performances more. 
Being able to test out what advice from my mentors worked best and made most of an impact in my performances very much assisted me in answering my essential question. 
 
  
    




No comments:

Post a Comment