Friday, February 7, 2014

Independent Component 1

 
  • LITERAL
    I, Lupe Lara, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work. The one book that I feel assisted me most in being able to perform was The Working Singers's by Roma Waterman. The book went through how to properly use a microphone, and have some sort of presence on stage. my mentor Adolfo Pacheco also helped me perform at his event, but also coached me threw some of the sings I sang. The digital video search engine YouTube also greatly helped me learn a lot of the songs I learned on piano.
  • I tried my best to do as many performances at open venues. Most of my hours however did come from the practice and learning process do the songs that I performed.    
  • INTERPRETIVE 
    I believe the most significant part of my component was the actual practicing component, before the performance actually happened. Some of the performances that I did I wasn't able to get on tape because I would go alone. 





  • APPLIED
I believe going out and doing performances actually really helped me understand the value of practicing. Before I would maybe only practice once or twice for a performance. When I performed for the city of Chino however the songs weren't working out for me during rehearsal. I wasn't able to sustain notes and keep up with the Rythm of the song "Christmas Must Be Something More". Thankfully, my mentor was there for my rehearsal and he was able to guide me through the song step by step, and eventually I got it. I believe doing this independent component has also gotten me into the habit of practicing. I would always want to form a daily schedule for myself but I would find myself to be busy or forget. Now I have the daily routine of getting home and practicing for at least 30 minutes. The performances that I did do assisted me in dealing with the nervousness of being on stage as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment